Part of the difficulty of having a loved one with Alzheimer's is adapting your own actions and expectations to the changing behavior of the person with Alzheimer's. A coach can help you with that.
Thanks to funding from a Title IIIE Older Americans Act Grant, Alzheimer Coaching Services is able to offer up to three in home coaching visits free of charge. These visits are available in Braintree, Cohasset, Hingham, Holbrook, Hull, Milton, Norwell, Quincy, Randolph, Weymouth and Scituate.
There are no income or age restrictions for this service, and no referral is required.
Coaching can help you:
- Understand the disease or condition causing the memory loss
- Understand the behaviors cause by the disease/condition.
- Learn how to respond to behaviors in a way that values the person and restores meaning and purpose to life.
- Learn how to maintain and enrich family relationships throughout the disesase.
- Learn about resources to ease care partnering.
For information and to sign up, contact Beverly Moore at 617-233-1145.